CONNECT imagines possibilities where economic development and environmental sustainability mutually reinforce each other, rather than being pitted against one another.
Our most active issue in this working group is around recycling. We are working towards a cleaner, more efficient, and more coordinated regional recycling system. We work with partners including Pennsylvania Resources Council, Sustainable Pittsburgh, and more.
- 1-minute CONNECT Regional Recycling and Materials Management Video Teaser
- 15-minute CONNECT Regional Recycling Problem + Recommended Solutions Video
- CONNECT's Regional Recycling Report: A Guide to Governance
Another key issue of this working group is transit & access, specifically, Transit-Oriented Development (TOD). CONNECT has a close partnership with the Port Authority of Allegheny County as well as other partners.
- Transit Oriented Development Executive Summary + Best Practices Guide
- Transit Oriented Development Wrap Up Party Slides
- Shared link to Transit Oriented Development Municipal Toolkits
- 2.18.20 Port Authority Special E&E Session Minutes
- 1.21.21 Port Authority Special E&E Session Minutes
- Mobilify's Transit Improvement Seminar Series (TISS) Proposal
Our members care about many other economic & environmental development issues as well. While we have the capacity to fully engage in one or two policy items per working group, other areas CONNECT keeps its members engaged on include tree canopy, air quality, housing and development, and blight.