- We eagerly welcome all GSPIA students to be involved with our center - the Center for Metropolitan Studies - especially those interested in domestic affairs. Students are able to intern with us either for their required 300-hour internship or just informally if you would like to become involved. Volunteering with CONNECT is a great way to make connections in local government and help pursue your career.
- Students are welcome to attend our Executive Committee meetings if you are curious to see policy discussion in action. Learn more about all our events here.
- CONNECT is happy to put students in touch with our contacts who may help enhance their research. Come speak with us!
- Each fall, the local government capstone class has student groups conduct research for CONNECT municipalities and make policy recommendations. In fall 2019, students explored stormwater regionalization and governance, community policing, recycling coordination, and implementing utilities coordination software.
- We are located in suite 3912 at the very end of the hall, through the glass door! Until we are back on campus, contact us here.
Click to watch CONNECT's 2020 welcome to GSPIA video. There are many ways to get involved depending on your unique interests!