- Safe Routes to Parks Activating Communities Program: Safe Routes to Parks is a movement to make great parks safer and easier for people to access by walking, bicycling, and taking public transportation, especially in low-income communities and communities of color, where less investment has gone into the routes to and the amenities in parks. Apply between November 9 and December 18, 2020.
- Fall 2020 SPC Transportation and Community Funding Programs: Grant and Reimbursement Programs to Advance and Guide Effective Investment of Public Funds; Various.
Past Funding Opportunities
- Active Allegheny Grants, for transportation projects that will provide bicycle and pedestrian connections to important local destinations and transportation systems and increase residents’ opportunities for physical activity. Granted on a rolling basis until November 30, 2020 or until available funds have been committed.
- WalkWorks in kind assistance for creating walking routes. Identify a potential new walking route (1-2 miles) in your community and recieve guidance, technical assistance, promotional signage and materials for the route, and access to partners. Learn more and apply by November 13, 2020.
- Local Foods, Local Places program provides selected communities planning assistance for the development of local food systems that centers around a two-day community workshop. At each workshop, a team of experts helps community members develop an implementable action plan that promotes local food and neighborhood revitalization. Apply by November 13.
- PennDOT Multimodal Transportation Fund. Projects that will be considered should coordinate local land use with transportation assets to enhance existing communities; improve streetscape, lighting, sidewalk facilities, and pedestrian safety; improve connectivity or utilization of existing transportation assets; or advance transit-oriented-development. Apply by November 6.